- Associated Press - Monday, July 20, 2015

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Three people were sickened by carbon monoxide at a Kansas City office building.

The Kansas City Star reports (https://bit.ly/1ME3nU7 ) that firefighters responded to a call about noon Monday regarding shortness of breath at an office building in the Crossroads Art District. Firefighters found high levels of carbon monoxide at the site. Firefighters measured the concentration of carbon monoxide at about 1,300 parts per million, about 26 times higher than the danger threshold.

Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief James Garrett says one person was critical, a second person was non-critical and a third person got their own medical treatment.

Garrett says firefighters determined that power equipment being used in the building’s basement created the carbon monoxide. Firefighters shut off the equipment and ordered an evacuation.

___

Information from: The Kansas City Star, https://www.kcstar.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide