- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 21, 2015

LEWES, Del. (AP) - The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s office says a child playing with a cigarette lighter caused a house fire that killed two pets.

The fire in Lewes was reported about 11:50 a.m. Tuesday. Officials say the residents escaped to safety before being alerted by smoke detectors. There were no injuries to firefighters or civilians.

Damage was estimated at $8,500.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide