- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 21, 2015

PUYALLUP, Wash. (AP) - Pierce County fire investigators say a tossed cigarette sparked a brush fire last Friday that spread to a Puyallup storage facility.

KOMO-TV reports (https://is.gd/rVkUPg ) the quickly spreading fire lofted a huge cloud of smoke and prompted the temporary evacuation of some neighboring businesses.

One entire building, which housed 120 storage units, was completely destroyed. Some units in adjacent buildings suffered smoke and water damage. In addition, a neighboring apartment building suffered heat damage to some of its siding.

___

Information from: KOMO-TV, https://www.komotv.com/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide