- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 22, 2015

NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP) - A woman and a girl believe they suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while sitting inside a running, air-conditioned car near New Castle to avoid the heat.

County paramedics say the 45-year-old woman and 14-year-old girl called medics Monday evening after they began feeling sick while watching a soccer match at the Kirkwood Soccer Club.

The pair told paramedics they had been inside the vehicle because they were trying to avoid excessive heat while watching the game. They complained of headaches and dizziness.

Paramedics treated them on scene and then took them to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide