HOMER, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say an 8-year-old girl has been seriously burned after her mother put gasoline on a fire in southern Michigan.
The Jackson Citizen Patriot reports (https://bit.ly/1CUv23f ) the girl was taken to a hospital on Thursday evening with burns to her lower body after being injured in Homer, southeast of Battle Creek.
In a statement, the Calhoun County sheriff’s department says investigators believe several people were near the fire pit when the child’s 33-year-old mother poured gasoline on the fire, which ignited a vapor trail in the yard. Authorities are investigating.
Information from: Jackson Citizen Patriot, https://www.mlive.com/jackson
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.