By Associated Press - Friday, July 24, 2015

HOMER, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say an 8-year-old girl has been seriously burned after her mother put gasoline on a fire in southern Michigan.

The Jackson Citizen Patriot reports (https://bit.ly/1CUv23f ) the girl was taken to a hospital on Thursday evening with burns to her lower body after being injured in Homer, southeast of Battle Creek.

In a statement, the Calhoun County sheriff’s department says investigators believe several people were near the fire pit when the child’s 33-year-old mother poured gasoline on the fire, which ignited a vapor trail in the yard. Authorities are investigating.

___

Information from: Jackson Citizen Patriot, https://www.mlive.com/jackson



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide