By Associated Press - Sunday, July 26, 2015

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) - Fire investigators say that a misplaced hookah is to blame for a devastating Fort Collins apartment fire earlier this year.

The Coloradoan reports (https://noconow.co/1gVHvcL ) that the May 20 fire originated in a living room at Brookview Apartments after occupants mishandled smoking materials.

The early-morning fire displaced 24 people - 13 of them for an extended period of time - and caused some minor injuries.

The blaze wasn’t the first time fire crews responded to the apartment complex. An explosion stemming from hash oil production rocked a building in October 2013.

___



Information from: Fort Collins Coloradoan, https://www.coloradoan.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide