- Associated Press - Monday, July 27, 2015

RUSSELLVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Russellville city leaders can move forward with a Federal Aviation Administration grant application that could help the Russellville Municipal Airport renovate the runway.

The TimesDaily (https://bit.ly/1In2cnY ) reports that the City Council has received its first bid to perform the construction work, meaning that the city can now continue submitting its application.

Project manager Matt Mims says the FAA grant would cover 90 percent of the total cost, which is estimated at about $186,000. The remaining 10 percent would be split between the Alabama Department of Transportation and Russellville.

Airport Manager Harry Mattox says the project would include filling in cracks on the runway, as well as adding new markings.

Mattox says officials hope to hear back by the end of August if the city has been approved for the grant.

___

Information from: TimesDaily, https://www.timesdaily.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide