- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28—HAMPTON — A fire that began in a clothes dryer displaced four adults and two children Monday night in the 1100 block of Gatling Drive.

The fire was reported about 10:20 p.m., according to a news release from Hampton fire officials. When firefighters arrived, they saw smoke and fire at the back of the home.

The residents had smelled the smoke and were able to get out of the house safely.

Firefighters had the blaze under control in about 30 minutes. The home had moderate to heavy damage, particularly in the back. The dryer was in a small, detached laundry room.

The Red Cross was helping the displaced residents.


(c)2015 The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.)

Visit The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk, Va.) at pilotonline.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide