- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28—Carbon monoxide poisoning killed a Colorado Springs father and son who were camping at Maroon Bells earlier this month, the Pitkin County Coroner determined.

Jeffrey Beard, 41, and Cameron Beard, 13, were found dead in their tent July 15.

Using a camp stove in the enclosed tent caused the carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a press release issued late Monday night by the Pitkin County Coroner.

Cameron and Jeffrey Beard were camping with two of Cameron’s siblings who were in a separate tent and were not injured.

Beard would have been in eighth grade at Thomas MacLaren School this fall.

___

(c)2015 The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colo.)

Visit The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colo.) at www.gazette.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

_____

Topics: t000030750,t000030742,t000030745

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide