- Associated Press - Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 28—Three residents were displaced Monday after a two-alarm fire in Novato.

The fire broke out at about 6:30 p.m. at 1214 Cambridge St., a three-bedroom detached home near Midway Boulevard. Firefighters arrived to find the front of the home burning.

The fire was contained a short time later and no one was injured.

Fire Chief Mark Heine said the fire broke out when a pot of boiling oil spilled in the kitchen. The occupants were unable to extinguish the flames themselves.

The fire destroyed the kitchen and family room and caused “significant” smoke and heat damage elsewhere in the home, Heine said. No neighboring homes were damaged.

The Red Cross was called in to arrange temporary shelter for the displaced residents.

___

(c)2015 The Marin Independent Journal (Novato, Calif.)

Visit The Marin Independent Journal (Novato, Calif.) at www.marinij.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

_____

Topics: t000037113,t000040408,t000198107,t000040410


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide