- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 29, 2015

DETROIT (AP) - A couple who bought a Detroit home to move from Hawaii says a city contractor filled in the house’s pool without their knowledge or permission.

WXYZ-TV (https://bit.ly/1KyaNIt ) reports the pool at Kim and Terry Bollman’s new home had been deemed a safety hazard by the city. The couple says they contacted a contractor to have the pool secured within a month of buying the house while they were still away from Detroit, and learned then that the pool had been destroyed.

The couple says the city contractor also damaged their garage, fence and sidewalk.

City building official David Bell says the pool fill-in stems from a citizen complaint from June 2014, and that the city can’t always track down owners in an “emergency situation.” The TV station says the city is investigating.

___

Information from: WXYZ-TV, https://www.wxyz.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide