- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 29, 2015

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) - Penn State says a late-night fire damaged a classroom and left the building smelling like smoke.

The university says the accidental fire late Tuesday was contained to a first-floor room for graduate students in the Hammond Building.

The university says the building that’s home to the College of Engineering will be closed Wednesday while damage is cleaned up.

The Centre Daily Times reports (https://bit.ly/1I91U4W ) flames were shooting out of a classroom window and black marks could be seen outside.

It’s the second incident on the Penn State campus this week.

A section of plaster fell Monday in an auditorium during a program for prospective engineering students, injuring at least one person.

Officials say about 500 people were in Schwab Auditorium when the 2-foot-by-8-foot section fell from an overhanging balcony.

___

Information from: Centre Daily Times, https://www.centredaily.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide