- Associated Press - Wednesday, July 29, 2015

YONKERS, N.Y. (AP) - Relatives of a Yonkers man who died during a drug raid have filed a $20 million lawsuit alleging his 3-story fall out of a window was the result of an illegal police search.

The Journal News (https://lohud.us/1H1wcor ) says the federal lawsuit was filed Tuesday. It names the city, the police commissioner, the deputy chief and several officers who took part in the March 2014 raid.

The lawsuit contends that because police lied to get a search warrant, they were complicit in Dario Tena’s death. The suit was brought by Tena’s sister and one of his sons.

A former Yonkers officer and a detective pleaded guilty to perjury earlier this year and lost their jobs.

Police officials didn’t immediately comment. The city’s top lawyer says it’ll vigorously fight the lawsuit.

___

Information from: The Journal News, https://www.lohud.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide