DALLAS (AP) - A 20-year-old Collin County man has blown off part of his hand while lighting fireworks.
The Dallas Morning News reports (https://bit.ly/1dG4TsE) that the man was near a home holding a firework that exploded in his hand around 4:15 a.m. Sunday.
Fire officials in Josephine, northeast of downtown Dallas, responded, and the victim was airlifted to Parkland Hospital.
The Collin County Sherriff’s Office said the blast “took off a large portion” of the man’s hand.
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.