- Associated Press - Monday, July 6, 2015

PORT SANILAC, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say a man helping to put on a fireworks show along Lake Huron was injured when a mortar was inadvertently ignited on the ground.

The Times Herald of Port Huron reports (https://bwne.ws/1HI39v0 ) the man was hospitalized after the accident around 10:15 p.m. Saturday in Port Sanilac, about 80 miles northeast of Detroit.

Port Sanilac Fire Chief Brian Moran says the man was reloading a mortar when a spark got into the cylinder and ignited it on the ground. He says the man’s face and hands were injured. Moran says he doesn’t believe that the man’s injuries were life-threatening.

The display was on hold for about 25 minutes while emergency crews responded.


Information from: Times Herald, https://www.thetimesherald.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide