- Associated Press - Thursday, July 9, 2015

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say two people and a dog were found dead in a Fort Lauderdale apartment from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue reports that a HazMat team responded to the Sunrise Harbor residential building Thursday morning. Firefighters had responded to a call about a suicide attempt after the building’s security found a note on an apartment door reading “carbon monoxide.”

Rescuers found the couple and a dog dead inside the unit. An autopsy will determine an official cause of death.

Officials wouldn’t immediately say if the victims intended to die or what the source of the deadly gas was. Police are investigating.

Officials told the South Florida Sun Sentinel (https://goo.gl/kLpQns ) that several others in the building complained of weakness, dizziness or nausea, but they were treated at the scene.

___

Information from: Sun Sentinel , https://www.sun-sentinel.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide