- Associated Press - Thursday, July 9, 2015

MACON, Ga. (AP) - Prosecutors in middle Georgia say criminal gang activity charges have been dropped against two of five suspects who were arrested storming through a Wal-Mart and causing an estimated $2,000 in damage.

Macon-Bibb County District Attorney David Cooke said Thursday that there isn’t enough evidence to prosecute two suspects who were arrested on gang charges after the June 28 incident. Officials from a local chapter of the NAACP had spoken out earlier this week saying charges against some of the suspects were too severe and their bonds were too high.

Authorities initially said roughly 50 people knocked merchandise from shelves and displays, but investigators now say nearly 90 people may have been involved.

Cooke says arrest warrants have been prepared for three more suspects.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide