- Associated Press - Monday, June 1, 2015

MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - Thirteen people have been treated after inhaling gas at a hotel in northern Iowa.

Mason City firefighters were sent to a Holiday In Express a little before 11:45 a.m. Sunday. Fire Capt. Jared Ogbourne says bleach and an acid were accidentally mixed in the laundry room on the first floor, creating chlorine gas. He says the gas was contained on the first floor, but the entire hotel was evacuated as a precaution.

Medics set up in the hotel parking lot so they could check hotel guests and employees and treat those who’d inhaled the gas.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide