- Associated Press - Monday, June 1, 2015

BAYARD, Neb. (AP) - A man has been treated for smoke inhalation and burns he suffered in a fire at his home in the Nebraska Panhandle.

Firefighters were sent to the structure in rural Bayard about 8:15 a.m. Saturday. The man reported that he’d smelled smoke while talking on his cellphone. He got his dog out of the house and then drove to a neighbor’s house to call 911 because he’d left his phone inside the blazing structure.

The man was treated at Regional West Medical Center in Scottsbluff. His name hasn’t been released.

Bayard Fire Chief Mike Harimon says the fire was blamed on old wiring and a faulty ceiling fan.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide