- Associated Press - Monday, June 1, 2015

POWHATAN, Va. (AP) - A Virginia woman says her dog died while being groomed at a Petco store, and the company says it’s investigating the incident.

Multiple media outlets report that Allison Marks dropped off her 2-year-old golden retriever, Colby, at the store in Chesterfield for a regular grooming Saturday.

Marks, of Powhatan, says that when she called to check on her dog, she was told to meet an employee at a nearby animal clinic. Marks says a veterinarian there told her he believed Colby had died of a heat stroke.

Marks says she believes the groomer washed her dog, then left him inside a heated cage dryer for an extended period.

A statement released on behalf of Petco says the company is investigating. Chesterfield Animal Control also has launched an investigation.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide