- Associated Press - Saturday, June 13, 2015

MASON CITY, Iowa (AP) - A Mason City man has been hospitalized after accidentally setting himself on fire.

The Globe Gazette reports (https://bit.ly/1G1Bct2 ) that the man was using gasoline as an accelerant Friday evening as he tried to light a small fire pit.

Mason City Police Sgt. Tiffany Creekmur says the flames spread and burned the man.

The man was taken by fire rescue crews to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa. It is not known what condition the man was in Saturday.


Information from: Globe Gazette, https://www.globegazette.com/

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide