- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 16, 2015

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Fire officials say an early morning fire in Anchorage was caused by discarded cigarettes.

KTUU-TV reports (https://bit.ly/1GqvFj4 ) that the fire was reported just before 1:30 Tuesday morning.

When firefighters arrived, they say flames were running up the side of the home and shooting through the roof. Crews were able to put out the fire.

No injuries have been reported. The flames also damaged a nearby home.

Anchorage Fire Department Capt. Jeff Hoke says that in Anchorage’s current weather conditions, embers can ignite and start fires accidentally.

___

Information from: KTUU-TV, https://www.ktuu.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide