- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - The Wichita Advisory Board has decided to split the demolition of the old Mid-Continent Airport into two projects in an effort to lower costs.

The Wichita Eagle (https://bit.ly/1cZNpXW ) reports the board made the decision during a Tuesday meeting. By splitting the project into two, the board will be able to take advantage of an $11 million grant from the Federal Aviation Administration. The FAA will fund one of the projects.

According to Victor White, the city’s director of airports, the first project put out for bid will be 90 percent supported by FAA funds and will include demolition of the old east and west terminals. White said the remaining 10 percent will be covered by the city budget.

The second project will be the demolition of the main terminal building.

___

Information from: The Wichita (Kan.) Eagle, https://www.kansas.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide