- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 17, 2015

LAGRANGE, Ga. (AP) - Police say a fire at a LaGrange motel was caused by an exploding meth lab.

The LaGrange Daily News (https://bit.ly/1FleFGZ ) reports a fire started at the Super 8 Motel Thursday. In a Tuesday press release, police say 29-year-old Patrick Anderson was mixing chemicals to make meth. A 31-year-old Lanier County woman was injured in the blast and fled the motel with Anderson.

Senior detective Jeremey Jones says the woman later went to a south Georgia hospital where she was treated for third degree burns.

Jones says a warrant has been issued charging Anderson with criminal damage to property in the second degree, He says manufacturing methamphetamine warrants could come as the investigation progresses. Anderson has been contacted by police, who say he plans to turn himself in.

___

Information from: LaGrange Daily News, https://www.lagrangenews.com

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide