- Associated Press - Friday, June 19, 2015

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Authorities say seven children were among nine people taken from a Springfield home to a hospital for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Springfield Fire Chief Mark Hart tells The (Springfield) State Journal-Register (https://bit.ly/1L7earj ) that the carbon monoxide level in the house was “sky high” after crews arrived at the house early Friday on a call about the residents not feeling well.

The names of those hospitalized and their conditions weren’t immediately released. Hart says the children ranged in age from 8 months to 12 years.

Hart says the batteries might have been removed from a carbon monoxide detector in the rental home. The odorless gas might have come from a faulty hot water heater.

___

Information from: The State Journal-Register, https://www.sj-r.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide