- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 2, 2015

CAMAS, Wash. (AP) - A Clark County fire official says ash from burning incense fell on facial tissue in a southwest Washington home, igniting a fire that caused more than $200,000 damage and killed a cat.

The Columbian reports (https://bit.ly/1GjmZOo ) that Vancouver fire crews arrived Monday evening to find smoke and flames coming from a side window of the Camas house.

Clark County Senior Deputy Fire Marshal Susan Anderson says one of the two residents was home and escaped with her dog. The cat was later found dead.

Battalion Chief Rick Steele says firefighters had no access to a fire hydrant so had to bring their own water and spent 20 minutes clearing debris from the yard so they could reach the front door.


Information from: The Columbian, https://www.columbian.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide