- Associated Press - Monday, June 22, 2015

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (AP) - Some students at Lakeland College are being placed in new housing after their dorm was damaged in a fire.

The Sheboygan Press reported (https://shebpr.es/1fsXmPl ) the fire at Hill House happened Sunday. The Sheboygan County Sheriff’s Office says authorities arrived to find a roof collapsed and smoke and flames billowing from windows.

Lakeland College spokesman David Gallianetti says the fire was accidental and started when a resident was cooking. He said that student was treated for injuries that weren’t life-threatening.

He says about 22 people are being placed in new housing on campus. Hill House’s residents include students and non-student-area interns.

Hill is one of 10 residence halls on campus and is named after former Lakeland President Richard Hill.


Information from: Sheboygan Press Media, https://www.sheboygan-press.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More

Click to Hide