- Associated Press - Tuesday, June 23, 2015

HILLSBORO, Ore. (AP) - An improperly discarded cigarette started a fire that displaced residents at a Hillsboro group home.

The Hillsboro Fire Department said Tuesday the fire was reported shortly before 3 a.m. All 11 residents and a dog were able to escape without injury.

The American Red Cross is helping residents with clothing, shelter and other needs.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide