- Associated Press - Wednesday, June 24, 2015

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) - A man arrested and accused of raping a girl he brought to Arkansas from Chicago will be prosecuted by federal authorities.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (https://bit.ly/1fzTTyF ) reports the 43-year-old suspect appeared in court Monday. He was arrested April 9. According to court documents, the suspect was found in a Decatur apartment with a 13-year-old girl who had been reported missing from Illinois.

The documents said the suspect had been communicating with the girl over the Internet since October and the two left Chicago together on April 4. Authorities say the girl’s parents found a note on her bed saying she was running away.

Benton County deputy prosecutor Carly Marshall said the prosecutor’s office would not pursue charges and the federal case is strong.

___

Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, https://www.arkansasonline.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide