- Associated Press - Saturday, June 27, 2015

BUTTE, Mont. (AP) - Investigators believe a 64-year-old man died from possible smoke inhalation in a fire at his Butte residence.

Authorities say the fire was reported about 8 a.m. Friday and may have been started by a burning cigarette.

The name of the victim was not immediately released.

Butte-Silver Bow fire marshal John Lasky tells The Montana Standard (https://bit.ly/1BW1RfB ) that the man lived alone and was found in a back bedroom in the basement.

The fire was contained to a recliner in the basement living room.

Lasky says a pack of cigarettes was found nearyby.

___

Information from: The Montana Standard, https://www.mtstandard.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide