- Associated Press - Thursday, June 4, 2015

OGUNQUIT, Maine (AP) - The Maine Fire Marshal’s Office says a frying pan left on a stove started a fire that killed a man in Ogunquit.

Officials say firefighters responding to the blaze at 2 a.m. Thursday found the body of 54-year-old Mark Barnard in a bedroom. Firefighters prevented the fire in his apartment over a garage from spreading to the attached home.

Officials say Barnard was a partner in a sign and graphics business in Wells.

Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety says smoke detectors were in the home but it’s unknown if they were in operating order. It was the sixth fire death this year in Maine.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide