- Associated Press - Thursday, June 4, 2015

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (AP) - A northeast Oklahoma fire chief says he has shuttered a fire station because of mold growing inside of its walls.

Broken Arrow Fire Chief Jeremy Moore told KOTV-TV (https://bit.ly/1KbYx1k ) on Wednesday he won’t let firefighters return to the station until its deemed safe. He says that up to six firefighters typically work out the station and that last week’s closure will delay response times.

It is unclear what type of mold is inside, what caused it and how long it has been there. Cleaning crews found it inside the station’s walls last week after cleaning up after heavy rains that flooded the building.

Moore says the mold is being tested and it is unclear when firefighters will be able to return.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide