- Associated Press - Friday, June 5, 2015

MIAMI (AP) - Authorities say a Miami father saved himself and his son after being poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator he left on overnight.

The Miami Herald (https://hrld.us/1IgXxGX ) reports the man called 911 Thursday morning around 5 a.m. Miami Fire Rescue Capt. Ignatius Carroll says when paramedics arrived at the man’s home, the man and his 12-year-old son were barely responsive, but they started to come around.

Relatives identified the man as Randy Simon and his son as Steven Simon.

Carroll says the father placed a generator on the bottom floor of the two-story home because the power was turned off Wednesday night and ran extension cords upstairs. The father woke up in the middle of the night and felt like something wasn’t right, then checked on his son.

___

Information from: The Miami Herald, https://www.herald.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide