- Associated Press - Monday, June 8, 2015

HONOLULU (AP) - After celebrating its 40th anniversary last year, The Honolulu Boy Choir may be coming to an end.

The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reports (https://bit.ly/1MhV93s ) the choir’s board of directors has said the organization is dealing with internal issues and hopes to find solutions in coming months.

The board found out that the choir’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit status had expired after the longtime executive director, Blake Nuibe, resigned in December.

Board Treasurer Michelle Saito says the choir lost its nonprofit status years ago, which is why it has been unable to receive donations.

The choir has also struggled with attracting members. The choir has about two dozen boys today, far less than the 150 boys it had during its prime.

Rev. David Rivers, whose son is a member, says he’s hopeful the organization will continue.

___

Information from: The Honolulu Advertiser, https://www.honoluluadvertiser.com

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide