- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 11, 2015

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Alaska State Troopers say a 58-year-old Fairbanks man has died in a suspected carbon monoxide case at Summit Lake.

Troopers say they were notified late Saturday night that Daniel Whitlow needed medical attention.

Troopers say they responded to a Summit Lake cabin. Troopers say officers found Whitlow’s wife and a family friend performing CPR on Whitlow in a generator shed.

According to troopers, Whitlow and the two women were removed from the shed because of fumes suspected to be carbon monoxide.

Whitlow was pronounced dead at the scene early Sunday morning. Troopers say emergency medics at the scene treated the women for possible exposure to carbon monoxide.



Troopers say no foul play is suspected in the death. An autopsy by the state medical examiner’s office is planned.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide