- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 11, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - An electric heater is being blamed for a fire that has critically injured a person at an East Harlem building with a tragic history.

The Fire Department said Wednesday that the fire started on the 17th floor of the Schomburg Plaza apartments and spread to the 18th floor. It was put out around 1:30 a.m.

Nine other civilians and two firefighters were treated for minor injuries.

The Wall Street Journal (https://on.wsj.com/1FMXjFf ) says that in 1987, a fire there killed seven people.

___



Information from: The Wall Street Journal, https://www.wsj.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide