WARWICK, R.I. (AP) - Warwick Mayor Scott Avedisian and Fire Chief Edmund Armstrong have met with residents of a condominium complex where a building was destroyed in a fire this week.
The Providence Journal reports (https://bit.ly/1CjkRmn) that about 75 residents of the Westgate Condominiums attended the hour-long meeting Sunday morning at the Buttonwoods Community Center.
The mayor and fire chief said the cause of the fire at a unit on Quake Lane hasn’t yet been determined., but they hope to have answers from the state Fire Marshal’s office by Wednesday.
Avedsian said, “then we can move forward.”
Several residents said they believe electric space heaters caused the fire.
Officials have said a lack of water pressure hampered firefighters.
Information from: The Providence Journal, https://www.providencejournal.com
Copyright © 2022 The Washington Times, LLC.