By Associated Press - Tuesday, March 17, 2015

MOUNT CARMEL, Pa. (AP) - Authorities in central Pennsylvania say an electrical malfunction started a fire that damaged seven row homes and critically injured a borough fire chief.

Police in the borough of Mount Carmel, about 50 miles north of Harrisburg in Northumberland County, said Tuesday that the fire had been ruled accidental.

Lt. Christopher Buhay said the flames started in the wall of one residence and spread to the others.

Officials said James Reed Sr., chief of American Hose Fire Company, collapsed within one of the structures.

Reed was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital, where he remained in critical condition Tuesday.



Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide