- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 24, 2015

KILN, Miss. (AP) - Authorities say a teenage boy died Sunday apparently as a result of inhaling aerosol computer keyboard duster.

According to local media reports, Hancock County Coroner Jim Faulk identified the victim as 14-year-old Charles Stroud of Picayune.

Faulk says Stroud showed signs of inhaling the chemicals found in an air duster or gas duster, used to clean computer keyboards.

Faulk says butane is one among the chemicals found in the air duster and it along with others can deprive the brain of oxygen.

Stroud was taken to Hancock Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Faulk says no autopsy will be conducted, though authorities are awaiting some lab results to conclude the death investigation.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide