- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 25, 2015

CENTRAL CITY, Neb. (AP) - A 75-year-old man has died after a fire that burned his apartment at a housing complex for senior citizens in Central City.

Police Chief Mark Hogue says 75-year-old Larry Ronnfeld Sr. died of his injuries after Monday afternoon’s fire at Bader Villa. Hogue says a lit cigarette likely started the blaze.

Ronnfeld called his son for help, and his son pulled his dad from the burning apartment after arriving. They were flown to a Lincoln hospital, where the older man died. His son was treated for smoke inhalation and released.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide