- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 25, 2015

KETCHIKAN, Alaska (AP) - Ketchikan authorities are blaming faulty wiring for a residential fire that left one man dead.

Ketchikan radio station KRBD (https://is.gd/95nrFX ) reports the cause of the Monday morning fire in the 2100 block of First Avenue was determined to be an electrical wiring problem.

Fire Chief Abner Hoage says bystanders saw a man entering the home the previous evening. Fire crews found the victim’s body in the living room area.

The victim could not be positively identified at the scene. Hoage says the body was sent to the state medical examiner’s office in Anchorage.

Hoag says the battery had been removed from the one smoke detector that was found in the home.

___

Information from: KRBD-FM, https://www.ktn.net/krbd/


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide