- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 25, 2015

ROCHESTER, N.H. (AP) - An apartment fire has displaced a mother and her two children and sent another relative to the hospital for smoke inhalation in Rochester, New Hampshire.

Foster’s Daily Democrat reports (https://bit.ly/1BLNXp8) Laura Fowler, who lived at the apartment, said she was at work when she heard about the fire Tuesday afternoon. She said her sister, who was at home with the children at the time, was treated for smoke inhalation.

Fowler said her sister was using the stove shortly before the fire started and that the appliance “exploded” while she was cooking. Fire officials have not yet confirmed the cause of the fire.

Firefighters used a ladder to get to the top of the building and cut a hole in the roof to help reduce heat and smoke.

___

Information from: Foster’s Daily Democrat, https://www.fosters.com


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide