- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 25, 2015

KEENE, N.H. (AP) - Firefighters say a gas leak temporarily evacuated a medical supplies building in Keene, New Hampshire, with no injuries.

The fire department says there was a leak near Smith’s Medical at about 7:50 a.m. Wednesday. The leak didn’t stop after an emergency shutoff was activated. Fire crews eventually stopped the gas flow and monitored the inside of the building with meters.

Fire Chief Mark Howard said the cause was a malfunctioning regulator on part of a vaporizer system.

The incident was declared under control at about 8:30 a.m.

The building was turned back over to Smith’s Medical staff before 9 a.m. to resume business.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide