- Associated Press - Wednesday, March 25, 2015

KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) - Two-time Commonwealth 10,000 meters champion Moses Kipsiro says he has withdrawn from the cross country world championships after receiving a death threat on his cellphone.

Kipsiro told The Associated Press on Wednesday he was “mentally tortured” by the threat and said he would not travel to China for the cross country worlds this weekend.

Kipsiro retained his 10,000 meters title at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow last year.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide