- Associated Press - Thursday, March 26, 2015

FARGO, N.D. (AP) - No one was hurt in a fire at a Fargo apartment building that caused about $15,000 in damage.

Fire Department Battalion Chief Tim Binfet says the Wednesday evening blazed started when the tenant was cooking and stepped away from the kitchen. She noticed the fire when she heard her smoke detectors go off.

Binfet says the building’s automatic sprinkler system kept the fire contained to the kitchen area until firefighters could arrive to put it out.

The Red Cross is helping the apartment’s tenants with temporary housing.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide