- Associated Press - Thursday, March 26, 2015

CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - Charleston police say a portable meth lab exploded in the bathroom of a motel, injuring two people and forcing the evacuation of about 200 guests for a time.

Police tell local media outlets that the explosion about 10 on Wednesday night caused the sprinkler system and alarms at the Intown Suites in the West Ashley section of the city to go off.

About 200 guests were taken to a nearby school before being allowed to return to their rooms early Thursday morning.

The explosion caused minor injuries to a man and woman in the room where the meth lab exploded. They were taken to a hospital and police say charges will be brought against them.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide