- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 3, 2015

CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - Dubois’ fire chief says a blaze that devastated six downtown businesses may have been started by combustible material too close to a chimney serving a wood stove.

Mike Franchini told KCWY-TV in Casper (https://bit.ly/1wHizN3) that investigators don’t know how long it took for the unidentified material to ignite. Franchini said the process can take one week or can take three months.

KCWY reports the Dec. 30 fire started in the attic in the back of the structure.

The station says state investigators continue to investigate the fire’s origins. Insurance investigators also are working on their own probe.

Investigators had been trying to determine whether a heater or electrical problem caused the fire that sent huge flames ripping through historic buildings in the western Wyoming town.

Reg Phillips of the Wind River Land and Building Co., which owned the destroyed structures, said the company will rebuild but that it’s unknown what businesses will inhabit a new building.

“We’d like to have some tenants back and we’ve talked to a couple that would like to come back and we’d certainly welcome them and try to accommodate them first if they’re the ones,” Phillips said.

___

Information from: KCWY-TV, https://www.kcwy13.com

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide