- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 3, 2015

QUINCY, Ill. (AP) - Six employees of a Quincy tavern have been taken to a hospital after a carbon monoxide leak.

Assistant Quincy Fire Chief James Pioch tells WGEM-AM (https://bit.ly/1CrKqCA ) that high levels of carbon monoxide were found in the kitchen area of Kelly’s Tavern on Tuesday afternoon.

Pioch says carbon monoxide levels came in at 700 to 800 parts per million. He says anything over 35 ppm is considered dangerous.

Tavern owner Rod McLean says employees started feeling sick during the lunch crowd and called authorities. McLean says no customers were affected.

Fire investigators believe the leak came from an appliance in the kitchen, but they’re not sure which one.

___

Information from: WGEM-AM.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide