- Associated Press - Monday, March 30, 2015

LOS ANGELES (AP) - A Los Angeles fire battalion chief said investigators have surveillance video showing a suspected arsonist in a huge inferno that destroyed an unfinished downtown apartment complex last year and did serious damage to surrounding office towers.

Battalion Chief Steve Ruda told a community group that the footage shows the suspect parking his vehicle on nearby Interstate 110 and walking into the half-built Da Vinci apartment complex with cans of fuel.

The Los Angeles Times (https://lat.ms/1BFKR6u) reports Monday that Ruda made the revelation at a neighborhood council meeting last week.

A fire department spokesman said Monday he couldn’t confirm Ruda’s comments because of the integrity of the investigation.

Police had previously found and released other surveillance video from the morning of the fire, but none that showed a suspect.



No arrests have been made.

___

Information from: Los Angeles Times, https://www.latimes.com/

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2020 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide