- Associated Press - Tuesday, March 31, 2015

NEW YORK (AP) - The brothers of a man missing in a New York building collapse say they’re clinging to hope while DNA testing determines the identity of human remains found in the rubble.

Twenty-six-year-old restaurant worker Moises Ismael Locon (moy-SEHS’ ihs-MY’-ehl loh-KOHN’) was reported missing after Thursday’s blast.

Two bodies were discovered Sunday. One was identified as 23-year-old Nicholas Figueroa. The other is still undergoing testing.

Locon’s older brother, Alfredo, said Tuesday that if they are his brother’s, the family will “have to accept reality.”

Younger brother Zacarias (zak-uh-REE’-uhs) says that while family is nearby, Moises has still longed to see loved ones in their native Guatemala.



Moises Locon had been working six days a week. During his rare free time, he’s enjoyed taking his nephew to a park in Queens.

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide